www.virtualacorn.co.uk/forum

For support and advice on VirtualAcorn products
Forums now closed. This is an HTML only record of the content.
HTML version of Forum generated Thursday 24th May 2018

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Impression Style
PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2003 2:14 pm 

Hi everybody,

Has anyone had any luck running Impression Style in VirtualRPC-SE?

I went through the installation procedure and everything seemed to work fine, but when I tried to load Style I got the (all too familiar) message "This version is corrupt". Quite how it got corrupt when I'd only just installed it is a mystery.

I've successfully connected the XP laptop to my Iyonix, which has a working copy of Style which runs under Aemulor. Is it worth dragging the working copy across to the VirtualRPC directory on the laptop or is there something in the installation process that insists on the floppy disks being present?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2003 5:51 pm 
Site Admin

I'm not sure if Style is the same as Publisher, if it is then it
might be looking for !CCShared and CMYKPal inside !System.
Check the Iyonix to see if these file are there.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2003 9:41 pm 

I suggest you look back at my own posting in March.

Brian Gillinder's reponse (for which I never thanked him - belated thanks now Brian!) was never tested - as in the interim I had purchased Ovation Pro and "converted" all of my own Style files to Ovation.

If, like me, Style meets all of your DTP/Wordprocessing needs in a very user friendly manner, I suggest that you persist with your attemps to instal it. Ovation Pro was an expensive - and for my purposes OTT - way of getting round the Style installation problem.

David Cooper

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2003 6:29 pm 

Thanks Aaron/David - still no joy I'm afraid.

I've deleted all the files mentioned from the laptop and dragged them from the working version on the Iyonix.

I then restarted VirtualRPC and tried again - still corrupt.

I suspect we're just going to have to wait for the new Impression. As far as word processing is concerned, I'm happy with Techwriter (which installed with ease). As for DTP, I'm getting Artworks 2 in a few days' time - it's my 10 year old son who's the Impression diehard.

I'll see how much the new version costs and decide if I can justify it.

Post subject: Impression Style
PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2004 9:02 pm 

Re problems over installing Impression Style ("corrupt version"): on the RiscPC version of Virtual Acorn, I had the same problem. So I contacted Computer Concepts via email and they sent me out a new disc 1 with the latest insaller.
Then when I tried to install selected parts of the total package (e.g. I didn't want equasor, table mate and font manager) I got the "corrupt" message.
However, when I installed the whole thing (including font manager blah blah etc etc) it installed fine and works great!
Hope this helps.
Incidentally, does any one know when (if?) the new vrsion of Impression is coming out - the developers seem to have gone a bit quiet since launching the update news!