www.virtualacorn.co.uk/forum

For support and advice on VirtualAcorn products
Forums now closed. This is an HTML only record of the content.
HTML version of Forum generated Thursday 24th May 2018

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Large images in impression
PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 1:29 pm 

Images larger than 4096 x 4096 pixels when placed in Impression Publisher Plus give an overflow while transforming point error.
Some years ago (under Risc OS 3.7) , I found a way to get round the limitation, but now I just can't remember what I did to be able to get the same result with Risc OS Adjust! I thought I'd used modules supplied with the MW Artworks Viewer / Renderer, but this doesn't solve the problem.
Does anyone have any ideas?
Regards
Nick

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 2:14 pm 
Site Admin

From memory Impression can only display bitmaps up to 4096 pixels in any direction. This is because (presumably to save memory) the file format only uses 12bits to store the image size.
The workround I used to use was to have two frames next to each other and chop the image into two halves (in Paint) and drop one half into each frame.
I have reported this problem to the Impression-X team. Mind you I reported it to Computer Concepts years ago as well.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 2:23 pm 

Thanks for the quick reply Aaron.
I definitely had a fix which removed the limitation - the Risc PCs in my office open files with large graphics, while PCs running RPCadjust get the overflow while transforming point error.