www.virtualacorn.co.uk/forum

For support and advice on VirtualAcorn products
Forums now closed. This is an HTML only record of the content.
HTML version of Forum generated Thursday 24th May 2018

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: IClear
PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 5:15 pm 

Hi.
Has anyone got the module IClear to work. I'm not having much luck using VA Adjust.
JV

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 6:57 pm 

Yes, we have IClear v1.33 (23 Oct 2004) working fine on all versions up to and including VirtualRPC-AdjustSA.
Doug Stephenson
pp T.O.M.S.

Post subject: Re: IClear
PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 7:49 pm 

John Vann wrote:
Has anyone got the module IClear to work. I'm not having much luck using VA Adjust.
What does IClear do? I thought the RISC OS Select icon-cut-and-paste functionality superceeded it?
Adam

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 8:49 pm 

Basically, IClear does two things:
a) Double-clicking on something in a writeable icon selects it, all ready for over-writing, without having to first press Ctrl-U. Great for anyone without Select/Adjust.
b) It gives a <Select-'nudge'> facility to the pointer, using the 4 cursor keys. This allows pixel-accurate positioning of selected objects. It's just like the feature built into Draw and Ovation Pro, but is global. So, for example, you can very accurately position an Impression frame. IMHO even better than a).
HTH,
Jim Nottingham
pp T.O.M.S.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 10:30 pm 

Quote:
Yes, we have IClear v1.33 (23 Oct 2004) working fine on all versions up to and including VirtualRPC-AdjustSA.

When I use ProCad and click in a writeable icon it goes black but adding any input just appends it to the existing numbers. Using this module on the Iyonix worked ok.
Does it matter where in !Boot the module is installed.
JV

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 9:55 am 

Is ProCad the only application where IClear doesn't work? Or was that just an example?
Anyway, with VirtualRPC-Adjust, I suggest putting the module in the !Boot.Choices.Users.Single.Boot.Tasks folder.
HTH, Doug Stephenson
pp T.O.M.S.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 4:55 pm 

Quote:
Anyway, with VirtualRPC-Adjust, I suggest putting the module in the !Boot.Choices.Users.Single.Boot.Tasks folder.

Moved IClear as advised and works ok now. I'd placed it in Resources.!System.Modules for some reason.
Thanks for the help
JV

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 11:30 am 
Site Admin

Old versions of IClear had problems with VirtualA5000 (that's how long ago it was).
The author of IClear kindly tracked down the problem and made some changes to his code to resolve the problem. Since this was a few years ago I am quite suprised that any non VA compatable versions are still floating about.
Any version of ICleare prior to V 1.33 will not work on any VirtualAcorn products (as far as I am aware).