www.virtualacorn.co.uk/forum

For support and advice on VirtualAcorn products
Forums now closed. This is an HTML only record of the content.
HTML version of Forum generated Thursday 24th May 2018

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: CallWin32
PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 7:26 pm 

Hi,
I wanted to get WinClip working on my shiny new VA and I noticed that it requires CallWin32 so I found that and installed it but everything's gone pear shaped - the pointer doesn't work, things crashed to the point where I could not reset RISC OS nor return to Windows. My only way out was the physical reset button on my computer :(
Anyway, I subsequently noticed this in the help file:
"This code is designed to work with v0.6 of RS or VA only. Attempting to use it with later versions almost certainly with fail. That's why the source is provided, so you can fix any problems which arise yourselves! Failing that, use v0.6 of RS!"
Presumably this means that trying to get it to work is a lost cause? Does anyone know of a different version which will work with VRPC Adjust?
Thanks,
Adam

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 2:10 pm 

Have you installed mousesync.dll ?
I had the same problem, but after deleting mousesync.dll everything works ok (including !WinClip)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 12:47 pm 

I don't think you need to delete mousesync.dll.
I have mousesync.dll present, which is useful - when VRPC-Adjust is running in a window, it allows seamless transition of the mouse pointer between Windows and RISC OS. Also, it supports use of the scroll wheel in most apps (only when VRPC is running in a window).
I also use WinClip which works fine.
Are you still experiencing problems?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 7:43 pm 

govind wrote:
Are you still experiencing problems?

No, after some discussions with the authors of WinClip, CallWin32 and VA I've got it working OK. I can't remember exactly the solution though. I'm pretty sure it involved unplugging RSTools or something...
Adam

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 7:30 pm 

adamr wrote:
No, after some discussions with the authors of WinClip, CallWin32 and VA I've got it working OK. I can't remember exactly the solution though. I'm pretty sure it involved unplugging RSTools or something...

*Unplug RSTools
For some reason it causes problems with Virtual RPC (it has two instances on my computer and makes the mouse sluggish).
This might restore your mouse wheel:
http://www.borcherds.co.uk/binaries/mousesync101.zip
(use at your own risk etc)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 2:51 pm 

I'm experiancing the same stability problems with the CallWin32 podule in the model. I killed the RSTools module which seemed to reduce the frequency of random aborts in RISC OS applications, but it has not eliminated it. No such problems were experiances without it in the model.
I suspect there is an issue with CallWin32 on V-RPC which differs from RS-Beta which it was developed on. For a start before unplugging RSTools multiple RSTools module tasks would be running after the desktop started making the emulator very sliggish. V-RPC seems to do its own idle detection now so it doesn't keep putting a high load on the PC CPU so this is redundant.
However the mousesync functionality of CallWin32 is essential to the use of the emulator for me, as the standard unlinked / manually linking is unbelievably irksum. The mousesync code needs to be built in to V-RPC as soon as possible.
Cheers
---Dave

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 12:21 pm 
Site Admin

Does anyone have a definative set of nstructions on how to get MouseSync.dll working on VRPC-Adjust?
I'm building a new VRPC-Adjust (including CallWin32) and would like to include the mouse sync facility. Due to terminal stupidity I can't remember how I got it working last time (on the test copy I deleted).
Thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 2:04 pm 

CallWin32.dat & CallWin32.dll in Plugins\CallWin32, MouseSync.dll in the VRPC directory, [CallWin32Podule] podule=n added to the model file.
Please check the stability of this arrangement on your machine. Its unusable here with VRPC-SE.
Cheers
---Dave

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 2:45 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
CallWin32.dat & CallWin32.dll in Plugins\CallWin32, MouseSync.dll in the VRPC directory, CallWin32Podulepodule=nadded to the model file.

Please check the stability of this arrangement on your machine. Its unusable here with VRPC-SE.

That's what I have. CallWin32 is working OK (well WinClip works), but if the MouseSync dll is in the VRPC folder the mouse is stuck sold when running in windowing mode.
Aaron

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 6:18 pm 

Aaron wrote:

That's what I have. CallWin32 is working OK (well WinClip works), but if the MouseSync dll is in the VRPC folder the mouse is stuck sold when running in windowing mode.

Aaron

I could email you my working installation if you want.
Also, I am happy for you to supply WinClip with VRPC if you want, and do some testing too :)
Mike

Post subject: Mine crashes the system
PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 11:03 pm 

Hi there!
I don't know how many people have got CallWin32 working but mine won't even Boot into the desktop. Saying 'Error occured during Boot' or something.
I want to ideally be able to use the MouseSync module as well as other things.
Can anyone help? :?

Post subject: CallWin32
PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 6:27 pm 

I managed to solve the problem. for those interested, I had entered the CallWin32 command incorrectly in the model file. Secondly, I had moved the hostservices directory out of Plugins, MouseSync will not work without this.The funny thing is though, that now I launch VRPC, the mouse won;t move until I change to Windowing mode, anyone experienced this problem?

Post subject: Re: CallWin32
PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 11:14 pm 

gazc wrote:
The funny thing is though, that now I launch VRPC, the mouse won't move until I change to Windowing mode, anyone experienced this problem?

I think everyone has this problem, if they start in full screen mode.
:)