www.virtualacorn.co.uk/forum

For support and advice on VirtualAcorn products
Forums now closed. This is an HTML only record of the content.
HTML version of Forum generated Thursday 24th May 2018

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Network problem
PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 12:23 am 

This one has foxed Aaron so far...
I have been running a network with my SARPC and my laptop (WindowsXP-Pro, SP2) using VRPC-SE for many months without problems.
A week ago I installed latest VRPC-Adjust as a separate installation on the laptop, but the networking is not working properly on Adjust (although it is still OK on VRPC-SE if I quit VRPC-Adjust and start-up SE instead).
The symptoms are simple: none of the RPC shared directories show on VRPC-Adjust - only its own 'Public' directory shows there. This 'Public' directory also shows correctly on the RPC (together with the RPC's own shared directories of course).
The Windows firewall is off and ZoneAlram (freeware version) has both VAs as 'Trusted' - and switching off ZA makes no difference anyway.
Pinging shows that everything is working, both ways - and, as I said, starting VRPC-SE instead works fine.
Any ideas?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 12:35 pm 
Site Admin

I've had another think about this one. Can you set:
Trace = 1
in the model.cfg file (in C:\Program Files\VirtualAcorn\VirtualRPC-Adjust\Models\Arm 7 RISC OS Adjust (Jit)
Then run VRPC in a Window and reproduce the problem, then open up the console (View->Console) then send me the text.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 4:41 pm 

Did this one get tracked down? I've just been noticing the same thing here (with SA-Adjust, bought at Wakefield this year).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 5:02 pm 
Site Admin

Yes, it did get tracked down, it was to do with the netmask settings on the PC and the "real" machine. The netmasks needed to be identical and have a specific value, which I now can't remember but will tyry and look up.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 3:17 pm 
Site Admin

I've had a look now, and the netmask on the machines might need to be set to 255.0.0.0.
On the VRPC-adjust do an 'ifconfig -a' and see what the netmask should be. Then make sure it's set the same across all the machines on the network