www.virtualacorn.co.uk/forum

For support and advice on VirtualAcorn products
Forums now closed. This is an HTML only record of the content.
HTML version of Forum generated Thursday 24th May 2018

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: VABattery bug
PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 4:52 pm 

I bought VA-Adjust at Guildford last year, and have been very pleased with it.
Two things have annoyed me though: one is the two pointer problem when running in windowed mode. I did experiment with the CallWin32 solution, but having read the warnings about non-compatibility I chickened out. I was therefore VERY glad to read a comment that you were trying to test a build with it included. That is great news, and I hope you succeed.
That provoked me to register on these forums so I could point out my other annoyance, and the solution, in the hope it can also be incorporated in any new build.
The VABattery application v1.23 (5th Feb 2004) has a bug in that when asked to display the *time* left on the iconbar it gets it wrong! The actual calculation is incorrect - the original is currently displaying '1h 1m' yet my fixed version is displaying '1 h 46 m', which is much nearer what XP calculates.
The last ELSE in PROC_ which is currently
ELSE:V%=V%/Y%:W%=(V%/60):B%=(W%/60):W%=(W%/60)MOD60
should be
ELSE:V%=V%/Y%:W%=(V%/60):B%=W% DIV 60:W%=W% MOD 60
to set B% (the Hours) and W% (the minutes) correctly,
otherwise the Minutes are (obviously) wrong!
I would also ask that a space is added between the hours number and "h" and the minutes number and the "m" in the iconbar display, as it makes it much more readable.
I hope that helps fix this silly little problem.
An improvement to !VABattery which would also be useful is to enable the warning threasholds to be set by he user - 25% and 10% may not be very useful with modern longer-lasting batteries.
Thanks