www.virtualacorn.co.uk/forum

For support and advice on VirtualAcorn products
Forums now closed. This is an HTML only record of the content.
HTML version of Forum generated Thursday 24th May 2018

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Error message during Boot Up
PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 6:55 pm 

I have had to reinstall Virtual Acorn Adjust, but after starting the programme the Boot sequence stops with the following error "Message from ADFS" "Please insert Disc 'HardDrive4' " and two buttons upon which to click, one is "CANCEL" the other is "OK", on clicking "OK" nothing happens but on clicking "Cancel" or pressing "Escape" a new message appears "Disc Not Found" - if the "Cancel" is clicked again the message goes and the Boot continues.
I have not activated any ADFS discs on VA, the only one with that name is on the "C" Drive and is called HostFS::HardDrive4.
However, I do have a ShareFS::HardDrive4 and ShareFS::IDEdisc4.which are on my Real Risc PC. One drive is ADFS the other IDEFS..
Once the error message has been removed and the VARiscPC is fully booted all appears to be OK. Can you help please? The latest updates/patches have been installed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 11:09 pm 
Site Admin

In simple terms, you have added an ADFS "object" to the the boot sequence. Since VirtualAcorn uses ADFS as its filing system this will result in a error.
The usual causes are:
Copying a !Boot sequence from a RiscPC into VirtualRPC.
Somehow saving a desktop !Boot file with lots of spurious
ADFS entries in.
Basically this is not easy to resolve unless you can explain what you have done.