www.virtualacorn.co.uk/forum

For support and advice on VirtualAcorn products
Forums now closed. This is an HTML only record of the content.
HTML version of Forum generated Thursday 24th May 2018

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: VRPCAdjust and XP Media Center (sic) Edition
PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 4:39 pm 

A couple of weeks ago I bought a new PC in readiness for Windows Vista and installed VRPC Adjust on same. Since then I have had problems with it which I have not experienced previously. The main one is if I minimise VRPC and work in Windows for,say, half an hour or so when trying to access VRPC by maximising the window I get an error message "Failed to create surface (0x887600e1)". VRPC also regularly crashes if left alone (with screensaver running) and I'm left with the message giving me the option of reporting the error to Microsoft.
I've scoured the Forum and cannot see that anyone else has reported the phenomenon.
Has anyone else experiemced this and how was it resolved?
Cheers, Keith.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 12:02 pm 
Site Admin

The fault looks like a faliure to grab screen memory for the VRPC display, however why this is happening I simply don't know. However I suggest trying the following:
Set the Windows screen saver to just blank the screen, don't use a fancy DirectX screensaver, just turn the screen off. It could be that the screen saver is grabbing memory and not releasing it quick enough.
If that doesn't help then:
Check the amount of memory the graphics adapter has available. If it's using shared memory then up its allocation in the BIOS so that it has at least 32Mb.