www.virtualacorn.co.uk/forum

For support and advice on VirtualAcorn products
Forums now closed. This is an HTML only record of the content.
HTML version of Forum generated Thursday 24th May 2018

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Networking
PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 5:58 pm 

Can any one help me, please?
I have Virtual Acorn Adjust and will be upgrading to VA Adjust SA (I have sent in my order for the upgrade)
At present I have Access+, Lanman98, and Share FS running on both the real Risc PC and Virtual Acorn and can access
both the Acorns and the PC (via Lanman98), but I am not able to access the PC files if the Real Risc PC is off.
Is there away to set up the Virtual Acorn so it can connect and see the files of its Host PC. I also have Uniprint.
Another question, whilst I can see my Flash Drive using LanMan98,(if my RiscPC is also running) but how can I configure the USB ports so as it is usable from the VA similar to the CD drive?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 10:53 am 
Site Admin

You could set up a HostFS mount (covered in the VirtualAcorn Manual) that points to the root of the PCs harddisc, the settings would be:
Path : C\.
Mount : HostPC
Although I don't recommend this as it's possible to dive into the Windows folder and mess stuff up from inside RISC OS.
However since you are getting an SA VirtualAcorn you can use !DrivePop to open the root of Drive C and also your pen drive.