www.virtualacorn.co.uk/forum

For support and advice on VirtualAcorn products
Forums now closed. This is an HTML only record of the content.
HTML version of Forum generated Thursday 24th May 2018

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Photo CD
PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 12:40 pm 

I have the application !PhotoView (version 0.10 31-Mar-1995) with its 'PhotoCD' module 'PhotoCD Support' 0.25 14-Jan-1995 but when I try to read a PhotoCD disc (I have about 14 of these) it says 'CDFS does not support that kind of disc'. My RISCPC recently died and this was one of the few remaining things I did on that rather than Virtual RPC. Help please.
UPDATE:
Copying the files on the CD onto the hard disc and dropping the new folder onto the icon bar icon and it all works file. The CD reads OK on the PC side.

Post subject: Re: Photo CD
PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 4:14 pm 
Site Admin

It might be worth asking RISCOS Ltd about this. For some reason my memory seems to think that PhotoCD support was removed from later versions of RISC OS (but I could be wrong).

Perhaps someone with a real RISC OS 4.39 machine could try a PhotoCD (I don't have a 4.39 RISC PC or any PhotoCDs).

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 3:17 pm 

The difficulty is not with the !PhotoCD application itself: if you copy the files on the CD to another place (the hard disc) then the !PhotoCD application works OK.

It would therefore seem to be to do with the CD drivers..

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 10:22 am 
Site Admin

I would fully expect the PhotoCD application to run and install on the iconbar. However without the support for the PhotoCD format in RISC OS the app wouldn't work. I still think you need to contact RISCOS Ltd and ask about PhotoCD support in RISC OS 4.39.