www.virtualacorn.co.uk/forum

For support and advice on VirtualAcorn products
Forums now closed. This is an HTML only record of the content.
HTML version of Forum generated Thursday 24th May 2018

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: I've been locked out with a new product id
PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 4:21 pm 

I logged out last night and just tried to log in again now. It came up with the message that my installation had not yet been unlocked - strange as I was using it only yesterday!
The unlock code was the one that Aaron gave me over the phone a couple of weeks ago so I clicked on continue, only for the same screen to come back. After a couple of goes I realized it was displaying a different product id.
Naturally, this had to happen at the most inconvenient time: 15 minutes after Virtual Acorn finish for the weekend, so I can't use VRPC till Monday evening.
Has this happened to anyone else? Just in case it helps, I'll give a description of what I did last night: I ripped a CD in MusicMan. This was unsuccessful as it said it was trying to access a line in a missing program. I now have the CD in raw data format but not MP3. I assumed this was something to do with making MusicMan work on VRPC and I was going to post a question about that today. Instead, I can't get VRPC to work at all.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 6:46 pm 

A change in Product ID can v. occasionally happen on PCs as well. A typical culprit is if you change the network settings.
Suggestion: If you email the 'new' product ID to Aaron, you may well get a reply over the weekend. He's like that...
HTH, Mike Nicholl
pp T.O.M.S.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 1:20 pm 
Site Admin

This has now been resolved. Cables had installed quite a number of upgrades and hadn't shut down and re-started the Mac. After the shutdown and re-start VRPC loaded and ran first time.
It's worth noting that some upgrades to Mac OS X may well disable some features/components on the machine until the restart is performed. This might cause VRPC to kick if it's something it needs.
So after installing upgrades to Mac OS X the user really must shutdown and restart.