www.virtualacorn.co.uk/forum

For support and advice on VirtualAcorn products
Forums now closed. This is an HTML only record of the content.
HTML version of Forum generated Thursday 24th May 2018

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: !Draw doesn't print in Select 6.14
PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 2:14 pm 

I have two Macs running VRPC, one is an older iBook with PPC processor running OSX 10.4.11 and the other is my fairly new Intel Mini running OSX 10.5.6 and on both I have been running RISC OS 4.39 so far. I decided to try the latest RISC Select 6.14 on the Mac Mini and it appeared slightly quicker, but when I tried to print from !Draw it doesn't work correctly. To make absolutely sure it was nothing I had running or altered at any time, I tried a totally clean install of VRPC and Select and whilst you can print the test prints from RISC OS 4.39 if you try the same with RISC OS 6.14 all you get is the text line near the bottom 'Printer Test Image'. The rest of the page is blank.

Has anyone else had this problem?

Has 3QD/Virtual Acorn 'approved' RISC OS Select for use on VRPC? I ask since originally it was stated that certain things must be included when using VRPC, and there are certainly a number of files in the VRPC !Boot that are extra to an Acorn RiscPC running Adjust. Yet although the Select install claims to transfer all your settings to the Select 6.14 !Boot, it does not in fact copy over these extra files/applications. So have 3QD tried Select 6 and it is correct the way it is installed by the installer?

Roy

Post subject: Re: !Draw doesn't print in Select 6.14
PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 2:25 pm 
Site Admin

That's an odd one. All I can suggest is to ask RISCOS Ltd, as they have a couple of Macs running VirtualRPC.

The RISC OS 6 installer does it's best to copy as much as possible over, but in some cases it's not possible (for example !AutoMode). This is because of the large number of possible permutations on the original version of RISC OS (not just virtual, but also real machines). Again any suggestions for improvements to the installer need to be made to RISCOS Ltd.

Post subject: Re: !Draw doesn't print in Select 6.14
PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 6:11 pm 

roy-matra wrote:
I have two Macs running VRPC, one is an older iBook with PPC processor running OSX 10.4.11 and the other is my fairly new Intel Mini running OSX 10.5.6 and on both I have been running RISC OS 4.39 so far. I decided to try the latest RISC Select 6.14 on the Mac Mini and it appeared slightly quicker, but when I tried to print from !Draw it doesn't work correctly. To make absolutely sure it was nothing I had running or altered at any time, I tried a totally clean install of VRPC and Select and whilst you can print the test prints from RISC OS 4.39 if you try the same with RISC OS 6.14 all you get is the text line near the bottom 'Printer Test Image'. The rest of the page is blank...

I have found the cause of the above problem with !Draw. Select 5i1 installs a new version (2.40) and if I keep the original version 2.27 which came with RISC OS 4.39 then it prints fine. I thought I had checked this, before I asked here, but obviously not! Sorry for not checking thoroughly before raising the concern. I am now informing RISCOS Ltd. of my findings.

Roy