www.virtualacorn.co.uk/forum

For support and advice on VirtualAcorn products
Forums now closed. This is an HTML only record of the content.
HTML version of Forum generated Thursday 24th May 2018

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Keyboard & Mouse Problem?
PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 9:52 pm 

I have used VRPC on a mac iBook G4 with OSX 10.4.11 for some time with the only problem being that the assignment of the menu and adjust mouse buttons is reversed.
I have now got Mac Mini with OSX 10.6.2 and am having further problems.

The menu mouse button now fails to work at all, I have assigned menu to the adjust button to get the menu.
I am unable to get any response from the F12 key. The rest of the F keys appear to work in a brief test.

I am using a Microsoft wireless media desktop 1000 keyboard/mouse set which had no extra problems on the iBook.

Post subject: Re: Keyboard & Mouse Problem?
PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 11:10 am 
Site Admin

With regard to the Function keys not working:

http://www.virtualacorn.co.uk/support/a ... /index.htm

Make sure your mouse settings under Mac OS X are as per the illustration in the VirtualAcorn User Guide. I also suggest returning the settings in VirtualRPC to their default.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 7:30 pm 

Aaron wrote:
With regard to the Function keys not working:

http://www.virtualacorn.co.uk/support/a ... /index.htm

Make sure your mouse settings under Mac OS X are as per the illustration in the VirtualAcorn User Guide. I also suggest returning the settings in VirtualRPC to their default.

Thank you form your reply Aaron but its not all correct with my system but it did send me looking again.
All the function keys were working as far as I can tell apart from f12. It does seem to work correctly with a double press though.
The mouse problem was solved after I reset all keyboard and mouse setting to default and then changed the "Menu" button to "handled by Mac OS", the default is "Expose", I might find the accents someday.
In VRPC as always the menu and adjust buttons are crossed but now work as normal with middle=adjust and right=menu

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 12:56 pm 
Site Admin

Glad you have got it working correctly. The Adjust and Menu buttons are not swapped by default when using VirtualRPC, so some settings must still be swapped over somewhere.