www.virtualacorn.co.uk/forum

For support and advice on VirtualAcorn products
Forums now closed. This is an HTML only record of the content.
HTML version of Forum generated Thursday 24th May 2018

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Problem using new Trackpad with Virtual Acorn for Mac
PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 1:15 pm 

I have recently got a new iMad (with Lion) and opted for a trackpad instead of a mouse. However I have a problem in that whatever I do on the trackpad or trying keyboard and click combinations I cannot get the equivalent of 'right-click' or 'menu' options. I am sure I am missing something obvious and would be grateful for advice.

Post subject: Re: Problem using new Trackpad with Virtual Acorn for Mac
PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 4:29 pm 
Site Admin

You will need to set up the trackpad so that it has options for Primary Button (Select/Left click), Secondary button (Adjust/right click) and (Normally) Dashboard (centre/Menu click). This may not be possible as by default there may only be 2 click types available.

I suggest reading the 'Mouse' section of the VirtualAcorn manual, especially the section headed 'Using a touchpad'

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 5:51 pm 

Thanks for this. I have looked at the Manual, but still have not managed to resolve this. In the Lion operating system the 'dashboard' option is done by 'swiping' and doesn't work when in the RiscOS window. I have also configured the trackpad to respond to one click or two clicks, but everything comes out as a 'single-click' within RiscOS. So I am afraid I am no further forward.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 5:11 pm 
Site Admin

Have you downloaded and installed SideTrack?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 5:46 pm 

I have not got Sidetrack. I googled it and found the following site: http://www.ragingmenace.com/software/si ... index.html

but that page says it is no longer being developed and there is no link to anywhere where I could get a download.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 2:03 pm 
Site Admin

Sorry for the delay in replying, we have both caught a rather nasty virus which hasn't been very helpfull.

Someone might be able to sedn you a copy of Sidetrack, or the WayBack machine might have a copy cached in it's records. Other than those suggestions you will need an application that allows you to customise the Trackpad so that it will generate all three mouse clicks.