www.virtualacorn.co.uk/forum

For support and advice on VirtualAcorn products
Forums now closed. This is an HTML only record of the content.
HTML version of Forum generated Thursday 24th May 2018

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: How to use ADF files?
PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2004 5:04 pm 

I saw a previous reply about this, but the technique described didn't work for me. I have a few old game disks converted to ADF files and stored in a folder on my PC. When I open them using the little floppy icon at the top left of the VA5000 screen, then click on the 0: drive at the bottom left of the VA desktop, I get an error message from VA saying "Message from ADFS Filer: Disc not formatted". This happens with every image I try, and also happened when I tried copying one of them onto a real floppy, putting it in the PC floppy drive and trying to get VA to read it from there.

The ADF files themselves are fine (checked), and VA otherwise works perfectly. What am I doing wrong?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2004 3:36 pm 
Site Admin

If you are using VA5000 to access .adf files on Windows 2000/XP then you need to configure a 2nd floppy drive from inside RISC OS, the first drive will read physical discs in the ide floppy drive, the 2nd drive will read any .adf files that have been selected from the toolbar at the top of the VA5000 window.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2004 5:53 pm 

Brilliant, that did the trick. Thanks very much.