www.virtualacorn.co.uk/forum

For support and advice on VirtualAcorn products
Forums now closed. This is an HTML only record of the content.
HTML version of Forum generated Thursday 24th May 2018

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Recovering after errors
PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 7:46 am 

Does anyone else have a problem AFTER you've had one error message, when VA5000 seems to become unstable and need a restart? I have set up a macro to automatically copy an archive from floppy to the RAM disc on my laptop and if I set it going before putting the disc in the drive (I know that that is a daft thing to do, I don't do it on purpose but I do get the occasional senior moment) I get the standard "disc not found" error. After that I start getting all sorts of errors trying to open directories and can even get into an unescapable error box loop. The situtation is resolved by restarting VA5000. Is there a problem with error handling (ie one mistake is all you're allowed)? Is this still an issue with VRPC?
Minor gripe really. Use the program every day on my laptop and I think its more stable than my occasional misadventures with MS office...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 12:05 pm 
Site Admin

It's not a problem I have ever seen before. VA5000 uses an old version of HostFS, but I simply don't know if VRPC suffers from the same problem, but I think it's unlikely.