www.virtualacorn.co.uk/forum

For support and advice on VirtualAcorn products
Forums now closed. This is an HTML only record of the content.
HTML version of Forum generated Thursday 24th May 2018

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Clean exit from VRPC
PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2003 1:20 pm 

Currently if I'm using VRPC, and wish to go back to the PC, I press Alt-Enter which takes me back to Windows. However I always find myself looking at the VRPC window half off the screen: to get it to shrink to the task bar I have to move the window over, find the 'iconise' button and click on that. This is not too onerous, but I'm wondering if it would not be possible for VRPC to automatically shrink back to the task bar (or whatever it's called). To a non-RISCOS user, it is a confusing moment having two pointers on the screen. Personally I find the idea of RISCOS within a Windoze window amusing but useless.

I'm currently considering in investing in a couple of A6 computers from STD (the 'advantage' being PC/RISCOS in one box) and I'd love the transition between the two to be as simple as a KVM switch, IYSWIM.

Is this currently possible, or might it be incorporated into a future version of VRPC?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2003 5:56 pm 

As a work around you could always set the task bar to be on top.
Ian

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2003 7:47 pm 

EyeJay wrote:
As a work around you could always set the task bar to be on top.
Ian

Yep, see what you mean. I'd forgotten you can shrink the window from the task bar.

Fairy Nuff.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2003 8:28 pm 
Site Admin

We are working on the 2 pointer situation, so that the pointer will
seemlessly change from the Windows one to the RISC OS one, but this will be some time coming as it's part of a larger overhaul.

In the meantime you could try CallWin32 (do a search on google), note that we don't officially support CallWin32 as it's going to stop working at some point when we make some planned changes, but it might help out in the meantime (just don't ask me for any help with it!)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2004 1:09 am 

Use the keyboard - it helps.

Alt-Enter -> no longer in full screen modus
Alt-Space -> open window menu
N -> select minimize

Cheers,
Jan-Jaap

Post subject: Alt+TAB
PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2004 11:40 pm 

OK, so I have not scanned every page of the manual - but I have not seen this mentioned

When I try it I get back to an RPC window - but can end up with a ghost Risc OS desktop on top of an active PC desktop. There is a short b ar - a section of a normal windows title bar at the top right of the screen - its invisble in 'ghost' mode but can sometimes be seen when that mode has not happened - yet - but soon will.

Is this a bug or a feature?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2004 2:57 am 
Site Admin

Quote:
When I try it I get back to an RPC window - but can end up with a ghost Risc OS desktop on top of an active PC desktop. There is a short b ar - a section of a normal windows title bar at the top right of the screen - its invisble in 'ghost' mode but can sometimes be seen when that mode has not happened - yet - but soon will.

Sounds like it might be a graphics card driver issue. Make sure you are running the latest drivers for your graphics card, especially if you are using DirectX V9.