www.virtualacorn.co.uk/forum

For support and advice on VirtualAcorn products
Forums now closed. This is an HTML only record of the content.
HTML version of Forum generated Thursday 24th May 2018

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Ant Internet Suite email
PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2004 6:51 pm 

Hi,

I'm trying to get at the email I have stored using Marcel and the Ant Internet Suite under VRPC. Trouble is, I can't seem to find a configuration for the Internet Suite that'll allow me to do this.

At the minute, when I fire up !InetSuite I get the following error:

"Can't start Internet stack: If Config: ioctl (SIOCGIFFLAGS): Invalid argument"

As I understand Marcel connects to the Suite using IMAP is there some conflict going on here between the RISC OS side of things and Windows' networking? Advice or help greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Andy

Post subject: Re: Ant Internet Suite email
PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2004 1:50 am 

ape wrote:
Hi,

I'm trying to get at the email I have stored using Marcel and the Ant Internet Suite under VRPC. Trouble is, I can't seem to find a configuration for the Internet Suite that'll allow me to do this.

At the minute, when I fire up !InetSuite I get the following error:

"Can't start Internet stack: If Config: ioctl (SIOCGIFFLAGS): Invalid argument"

As I understand Marcel connects to the Suite using IMAP is there some conflict going on here between the RISC OS side of things and Windows' networking? Advice or help greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Andy

I'm new to VRPC but after some trial & error I've sought of got Antsuite 1.32 working (with Pluto) ok. Here's how:

I went to ANT's configuration, then 'LAN set-up'. Selected 'Loopback' for the driver. Clicked on 'close' then 'Save'. Set-up so the AntSuite loads during boot. When VRPC re-boots, RISCOS, ANT reports 'File ResolverConfig' not found. I ignore this, and it loads on the icon bar. I've not tested to see if Marcel is working since I use Pluto and have removed Marcel. I get the feeling Antsuite is not totally happy, with the odd fatal 'Antsuite must quit' message, but mail seems to be fetched and sent ok. Stable enough for now.

Kendall