www.virtualacorn.co.uk/forum

For support and advice on VirtualAcorn products
Forums now closed. This is an HTML only record of the content.
HTML version of Forum generated Thursday 24th May 2018

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Microsoft IntelliPoint Drivers 5.0 cause crash
PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2004 4:45 am 

Recently I upgraded my Microsoft Wireless Optical Mouse Driver from IntelliPoint 4.12 to 5.0 with the result that VRPC-SE will crash when the 'Menu' (middle) button is pressed. The sequence is: Press "menu', VRPC goes into window mode, whole screen then goes black, VRPC then returns to full screen mode but often showing both pointers.

Removing version 5.0 and re-installing 4.12 cures the problem but I then loose the battery status feature of version 5.0.

Kendall

Post subject: Re: Microsoft IntelliPoint Drivers 5.0 cause crash
PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2004 1:34 pm 

Did you get an answer to your query as I am having similar problems with version 5.0, and do not have version 4.12 to go back to.

Andy

kendallj wrote:
Recently I upgraded my Microsoft Wireless Optical Mouse Driver from IntelliPoint 4.12 to 5.0 with the result that VRPC-SE will crash when the 'Menu' (middle) button is pressed. The sequence is: Press "menu', VRPC goes into window mode, whole screen then goes black, VRPC then returns to full screen mode but often showing both pointers.

Removing version 5.0 and re-installing 4.12 cures the problem but I then loose the battery status feature of version 5.0.

Kendall

Post subject: Re: Microsoft IntelliPoint Drivers 5.0 cause crash
PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2004 10:18 am 

Gidday Andy

No unfortunately. I've since tried the same with Virtual A5000, and it manifests exactly the same problem. BTW you can download 4.12 from microsloth, but it's about 9.6MB - amazing that something like a mouse driver needs to be so big...

Kendall

[quote="AndyTuson"]Did you get an answer to your query as I am having similar problems with version 5.0, and do not have version 4.12 to go back to.

Andy

Post subject: Futher testing shows even Intellipoint 4.1 has a problem
PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2004 12:42 am 

I've continued to have another problem with the Intellipoint 4.1 Microsoft Mouse Driver as well. This manisfested as the pointer periodically jumping diagonally down to the bottom left of the screen. Removing the driver cures the problem with no apparent loss of functionality.

Kendall