www.virtualacorn.co.uk/forum

For support and advice on VirtualAcorn products
Forums now closed. This is an HTML only record of the content.
HTML version of Forum generated Thursday 24th May 2018

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Wacom tablet with VRPC. Pen jumps around in huge pixels.
PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2004 4:41 pm 

Has anyone managed to get a Wacom graphics tablet working properly with VRPC? I can't get the pen to operate at a normal scale on the desktop. It works fine on the PC side but moves in huge 2cm pixel jumps under VRPC. I'm using an Intuos 2 tablet, brand new, latest driver etc, under Win XP Pro.

I've tried various config settings. Although the mouse mode works normally, pen mode seems to be read at some huge scale by VRPC. Surely it should just treat the input like any other mouse data.

Anyone know of a fix, config setting or workaround?

-Neil F.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2004 5:05 pm 

VRPC emulates a mouse which is a relative device - as you move the mouse it sends data indicating how far it has moved since the last time it moved.

A tablet pen it an absolute device, every time you move it, it reports exactly where it is. VRPC will see this data as large positive movements each time the pen moves.

Tablet, or absolute pointer data, is on my list of things to support but probably not very soon as it will require support from within RISC OS.

In the mean time you could look for the CallWin32 plugin which comes with a MouseSync module. This effectively sends absolute position data to RISC OS to synchronise the Windows and RISC OS pointers and may do what you want.

Graeme