www.virtualacorn.co.uk/forum

For support and advice on VirtualAcorn products
Forums now closed. This is an HTML only record of the content.
HTML version of Forum generated Thursday 24th May 2018

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Laptops with powersaving features -> variable clockspeed
PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 7:14 am 

Hi,

For a long time I've been irritated about the speed within VRPC. Something was done to synchronise the clocks every 5 seconds, but I don't feel this is a sufficient solution.

My problem is that my laptop sometimes is on mains, sometimes operates from the battery (probably in different powersaving modes). Since I like a fast auto-repeat, I have configured *configure repeat 2 (*fx12 2) for the keyboard auto-repeat.

Sometimes this works OK. But other times, I have difficulty with it. The time before the key starts auto-repeating (which is still at default value) is very soon over, and the auto-repeat is very fast, which results in typing eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeerrors, even while typing normally. At other times it works normal.

Doubleclicking sometimes becomes very difficult, making it difficult to be 'in time' for the second click. Or it is regarded as a click-cliiiiiiiick (doubletake) so the doubleclicked file ends up in a text editor or the application directory is opened instead of started.

I easily find this the most annoying thing about this otherwise supurb product. Is there a chance anything will be done about this? Please?...

Cheers,
Jan-Jaap

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 5:12 pm 
Site Admin

I have seen this fault on a Centrino laptop before, and it ended up being caused by a piece of software running on the Windows task bar, but for the life of me I cannot remember what it was - actually it might have been InCD (Nero?).

If you have this try quitting it then seeing how VRPC behaves.