www.virtualacorn.co.uk/forum

For support and advice on VirtualAcorn products
Forums now closed. This is an HTML only record of the content.
HTML version of Forum generated Thursday 24th May 2018

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Any way to run VRPC minimsed at PC start-up?
PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2004 2:33 pm 

Can anyone explain how I can get VRPC to run as part of the PC's start-up routine? And is there anyway to have it automatically minimise itself to the taskbar at start-up without having to go through the manual open and close windows routine as it loads up.

Ideally, I'd like to be able to have it run minimised from PC start-up so that alarms etc from Organizer will still sound, but otherwise I will only need to open a VRPC window occasionally for other tasks (some days not at all).

-Neil F.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2004 11:54 am 

OK, I've found out how to get VRPC to load at Startup under Win XP, so here are the instructions in case anyone else needs to do the same and doesn't know how.

Place a shortcut to it in the folder at
%userprofile%\start menu\programs\startup.
(Replace %userprofile% with wherever your user profile is kept.
ECHO %userprofile% at a command prompt will tell you where.)

The above is thanks to a kind poster on uk.comp.misc.

Now all I need is a way to minimise VRPC automatically on loading and I'll have everything the way I want it. Anyone know what the PC equivalent of an obey file would be that simulates Alt-Enter followed by a click on VRPC's taskbar icon.

Then again, it would be far simpler if Graeme could just include a 'minimise at Startup' option for those like me who need VRPC available in the background but don't want it in their face (a growing number of people I should think). Oh, and while you're at it Graeme, could you include an option that just switches between full screen and minimised, with no fiddly in-between window sizes.

Cheers,
-Neil F.