www.virtualacorn.co.uk/forum

For support and advice on VirtualAcorn products
Forums now closed. This is an HTML only record of the content.
HTML version of Forum generated Thursday 24th May 2018

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Mouse speed during TeamViewer remote control
PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 3:13 am 

I was pleasantly surprised to find that TeamViewer is able to view the VRPC window/screen and control it from a remote computer (some earlier types of remote control software not only didn't work, but also wrecked the Windows display system, requiring very messy driver re-installation working blind due to the display being screwed up totally).
However, there is a bit of a problem. The VRPC mouse pointer movement is so sensitive that it is virtually impossible to control. It seems that 1 pixel movement of the Windows pointer results in 50 pixel movement of the RISC OS pointer. Even setting the mouse speed to minimum its about 20 to 1 ratio.
I'm not sure why this should happen, since it doesn't happen with VRPC in a window on the Windows desktop. Anyway, I'm wondering if there is any way we can change some settings to make the pointer movement 1:1 whilst TeamViewer has control? I suppose the question should be raised with TeamViewer support, but has anyone else tried this?