www.virtualacorn.co.uk/forum

For support and advice on VirtualAcorn products
Forums now closed. This is an HTML only record of the content.
HTML version of Forum generated Thursday 24th May 2018

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Networking upgrade
PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2003 1:56 pm 

Hi everybody.

I'm delighted to see that networking is now possible, but I have a simple (I hope) question about it.

I have had VirtualRPC for several weeks but not yet installed it - I'm waiting for my new laptop to arrive at the shop. Can I download the upgrade to my Iyonix and copy it on to a CD? That way I will be able to install VirtualRPC and the upgrade as soon as I get my laptop home. Or is it essential to download the upgrade on to the computer it is going to be installed on?

On the subject of my laptop, Roy of CTA-Direct may already have asked you this question, but will VirtualRPC work with a USB floppy disk drive?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2003 2:18 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
I have had VirtualRPC for several weeks but not yet installed it - I'm waiting for my new laptop to arrive at the shop. Can I download the upgrade to my Iyonix and copy it on to a CD? That way I will be able to install VirtualRPC and the upgrade as soon as I get my laptop home. Or is it essential to download the upgrade on to the computer it is going to be installed on?

On the subject of my laptop, Roy of CTA-Direct may already have asked you this question, but will VirtualRPC work with a USB floppy disk drive

You can download the upgrade and place it on a CD when it comes back up (we have had to remove it at present). You can only use a USB floppy to read DOS formatted discs, these drives cannot read RISC OS discs.

Post subject: Networking upgrade
PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2003 4:17 pm 

The Networking upgrade at...
(Beta test download no longer available)

does not seem to work with Oregano 1 or 2, has anyone else used it ok

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2003 6:36 pm 
Site Admin

What version fo VirtualRPC-SE are you using with the network plug-in? Does the supplied Oregano2 demo work OK?