StrongARM upgrades from £30 (plus carriage)
If you have an existing VirtualRPC you can upgrade it to StrongARM specification for only £30 (plus carriage). The StrongARM upgrades include the following improvements:
- Now includes StrongARM, ARM710 and ARM7500 processor cores.
- Support for StrongARM software, including FireFox, Thunderbird, MP3 encoders and more.
- HostFS2 allowing on the fly creation and deletion of mounts from within RISC OS.
- DrivePop HostFS Mount manager allows one click setup of cameras and pen drives.
- Faster screen update with support for a greater range of resolutions.
- AutoMode configuration plugin to generate correct mode sets for non standard display sizes.
- Mappings for files generated by the Windows version of OvationPro.
- Includes WinClip, allowing RISC OS to read and write to the Windows clipboard.
- Includes CallWin32 podule to allow communication between RISC OS and Windows.
- Autolaunch files under Windows from inside RISC OS with the VirtualAcorn Windows Controller.
- Improved battery manager with user configurable delay between battery checks.
- Includes complete version of First Steps with RISC OS 4, as published by Alligata Media.
- Improved version of the RISC OS user guide
- Updated applications including new versions of NetSurf, KinoAmp and WebsterLT
- Updated !System folder with the latest modules included.
- RISCOS side VirtualAcorn user guide now split into separate chapters for ease of printing.
In addition upgrades from VirtualRPC-SE to VirtualRPC-AdjustSA include the following extra features:
- A copy of RISC OS Adjust 4.39
- Ability to read RISC OS data DVDs.
- New versions of !Paint, !Draw, !Edit etc
- All the improvements offered by 5 years worth of RISC OS development.
The StrongArm versions of VirtualAcorn will not interfere with your existing version. They will be installed in a new folder inside C:\Program Files\VirtualAcorn. A new HostFS drive is available on the StrongArm versions iconbar, this links to the HostFS harddisc in your original VirtualRPC. You can then copy your files and applications across at your leisure.
How to upgrade
The StrongARM upgrades require the return of some/all of your original VirtualRPC package. Details for each upgrade are shown below:
Upgrading from VirtualRPC-SE to VirtualRPC-SA (£30 plus carriage)
Please note that to qualify for the upgrade price customers only need to return just the VirtualRPC-SE CD. The DVD case, colour cover, installation guide and RISC OS 4 licence sticker do not need to be returned.
Upgrading from VirtualRPC-Adjust to VirtualRPC-AdjustSA (£30 plus carriage)
Please note that to qualify for the upgrade price customers only need to return just the VirtualRPC-Adjust CD. The DVD case, colour cover, installation guide and RISC OS Adjust licence sticker do not need to be returned.
Upgrading from VirtualRPC-SE to VirtualRPC-AdjustSA (£79 plus carriage)
Please note that to qualify for the upgrade price customers need to return the complete VirtualRPC-SE package including the DVD case, colour cover, VirtualRPC-SE CD, installation guide and the RISC OS 4 licence sticker.